The City of Irvine, California is a large planned urban community that covers more than 66 square miles. With its sprawling size, it's no surprise that the city has multiple modes of transportation, including bus, light rail, train, bicycle, and walking. The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) is the largest provider of public transportation in Irvine and offers local and express services within Orange County and to Los Angeles and Riverside counties. However, Irvine's public transportation system is relatively weak compared to other cities in California.
The city is designed to be traveled by car and doesn't have many other transportation options. OCTA buses are the most common form of public transportation in Irvine and have a regular schedule that usually arrives on time. The city also has train lines that connect to other cities, but they are designed to be used in conjunction with train lines rather than to get around Irvine. The City of Irvine is making improvements to the South Yale corridor between I-405 and University Drive, as well as actively engaging residents to ensure their voices are heard when establishing the boundaries of future electoral districts.
Laguna Beach Transit provides intra-community transportation services for residents and visitors to Laguna Beach. If you're looking for ways to make the most out of the public transportation system in Irvine, here are some tips on each type of transportation:
- Bus: OCTA buses are the best option for getting around the city. They have a regular schedule and arrive on time most of the time.
- Light Rail: Light rail is a great way to get around Irvine if you're looking for a faster option than the bus.
- Train: Train lines connect Irvine to other cities, but they are designed to be used in conjunction with train lines rather than to get around Irvine.
- Bicycle: Bicycles are a great way to get around Irvine if you're looking for an eco-friendly option.
- Walking: Walking is a great way to explore the city and get some exercise at the same time.
With these tips in mind, you'll be able to make the most of your travels in Irvine.